SASAKWA FEMALE ACADEMY
A female academy was built by the Methodist Episcopal church in 1880. Known originally as Sasakwa Female Academy, named after the neighboring town, the school was abandoned by the Methodists in 1885.
In 1887, control of the school was taken up by the Seminoles. W. P. Blake was then hired by Chief John Jumper to run the school. In 1892 the school was moved just south of the Seminole capital of Wewoka. The new school was christened Emahaka.
Seminole Nation Home